Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Glassblowing

Found on Pintrest

Another hobby I would like to learn is glassblowing.  Glassblowing is a larger scale of lampwork, which I would like to try as well.

It seems pretty easy… but scary. You blow into a blowpipe to manipulate the melted glass.  Just don’t get burned. There are 2 places about 50 miles away that I can take a 1 time class just to do it.



NY Glass Blowing Class
I believe when my friend brought me back a gift from Italy it was lampwork.
It is very pretty and I still have it after all these years.
Lindsay Designs has some really good pictures of what you can make.
 


8 comments:

  1. Loving the varied topics of your AtoZ :)
    I'm a bit of a yarn hoarder myaelf.
    And I saw a glassblowing exhibition when I visited the US a few years ago (I'm from Ireland) It was brilliant. Would love to try it.
    annmariemiles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks I want to learn so much and they all seem to be hobbies. I have knit down my stash of yarn or given some to my mom.

      Delete
  2. not sure why the link won't work. :(
    www.annmariemiles.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay I will copy and paste to check it out. Weird though.

      Delete
  3. I think lampwork would suit you better IF you wanted to take it up as a hobby like your knitting. Otherwise I think you may end up like me.... having to drive some place to do the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should go do the one up in Harmony or in Santa Barbara just to give it a try. Where does one find a lampwork class around these parts? My garage is gonna have to get wired to have devoted sections to certain hobbies :-P

      Delete
    2. I don't think there are any but youtube is amazing to learn from.

      Delete