Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Starting Slim in 6


I did my first ‘Slim in 6’ work out this morning. 

I normally will go to the gym from 4-5am. At the gym I do some weights and some form of cardio that gets me in the fat burning zone (according to my heart rate monitor).   Well I have not made it to the gym this week because of the time change.  Yes I am blaming the time change.  My body just does not want to get going because it still thinks it is 2:30am and not 3:30am.  This morning was no different.  I got up and figured since I didn’t make it to the gym I would do my work out I had planned for the evening.   So from 5-6am I did Slim in 6: Start it up!, slim & limber, slim & 6-pack.

Here are my thoughts so far:

Start it up! was a pretty good.  My arms were killing me or I should say my shoulders.  Also the lunges are not my friend and I look forward to our continuance love/hate relationship.  Lunges the exercise I know will do wonders for my legs but they burn so bad (burn not hurt…if you do this program and they hurt please modify).

I LOVE slim & limber.  It is the stretching I need to do but always overlook it.  I am so tempted to bring it to work and do on a break so I can get away from the desk. 

Slim & 6-pack was crazy.  I felt the burn right away.  I can’t wait until tomorrow to see if I get sore.
Here is a picture I posted on Instagram:
My numbers might be a little odd since I kept it going from start to finish and not just during Start it up! which I believe to have been the best combination of low-impact cardio moves and light resistance to keep me the majority of my time in the fat buring zone. 
 
Oh yes and the "before" picture: (I have some real before pics somewhere...eshh) 

 
Oh yeah it is a 6 week program but I am doing it for 3 weeks since I want to do a cleanse in April....the only time I seem not to have some kind of food related outting.
 

2 comments:

  1. Be strong and just do it! I was able to do a cleanse during Christmas time with Sylvia. If we can do it, you can do it! DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have been doing really good about preping my food for the week. I will blog about it....thinking if I should do a video....put it up on my youtubes.

    Oh and my tush is a tad sore today from my workout yesterday/this morning. ^_^

    ReplyDelete