Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Homeowners First Move

So I moved in to my new house…soon to be home…
First thing to do was to change the locks...
 
These are much prettier than the brass ones...however security is most important
 
Then I had to add some curtains so I didn't have any lookie lou's
 
There we go that settles that.
 
This is a better picture so you can tell the color of the curtains
 
 
As you can see in this picture there are two front windows so....
 
 
I added the same curtains there too...
 
Oh and the place didn't have any curtain rods or blinds so I got these matching rods
 
Here I have the other living room window covered with silver curtains

Here I have a picture of just the rod....I was pretty good at putting up all those rods....Thanks to power tools
 
Here is the curtain I got for the kitchen....it was too narrow but it works great for now...
I had to put in a new filter for my heater...
So while I was up there I desided that it needed some good ol' cleaning too.....
 
Bummer...It was raining and so now I found out I have issues with my backyard patio...
It will be some work for me to get the situation fixed....sadly some monies too

Trying to figure out what the best option for me would be for this situation

Gonna have a friend come over soon and clean up the algae looking stuff


Also got hurt doing my own caulking.....
I was getting sick (of cleaning) and this was my breaking point of asking for help.
 
All I know is that I am glad I did not get a fixer upper...no matter how big and cheap those houses were...I have a busy life and only can be a WEEKEND Warrior....
Well more pictures yet to come of my (its getting there) home.

1 comment:

  1. Mom says she doesn't know what you did with the old door knob.

    And you knew about the back yard, remember when we were inspecting pictures from the listing the water line was something I mentioned.

    Also... about your curtains. You ALWAYS buy sheer curtains! So even though you have curtains up that keep people from looking in during the day; at night you can see in because the curtains are sheer. :p

    I think some blinds would help with temperature regulation in your house too.

    As with any home even brand spanking new ones, there is an adjustment period. I think you will do just find in your house.

    And keep a tape measure to measure things before buying stuff like curtains that won't fit right. It will save you money and extra trips to the store. Also since money is a concern check out places like Big Lots and Ross. Stay away from big name brands because in all honestly you are paying for the name not the product. Thrift stores~!

    ReplyDelete