Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Double Cap Gift

I decided I wanted to make the Double Cap by Kat Coyle for my sister on my trip to New York in 2008. I brought along my copy of the Knitscene magazine to read on the plane. When I saw this picture I just knew I had to make this for my sister.






I made it in black for her in hopes of adding pink on the corners to represent cat ears. This cap was made on straight needles apposed to the round.




I have to say since I have invested in my needles I love working in the round when I can.
I think I will have to make myself one since it looks so cute!





I would love to make one in a heather or tweed yarn since black is not so fun to work with.


Update: This cap I made has made it’s way from my sister to the Goodwill or VTC thrift store. I saw it leave the garage sale to a bag that was meant for the thrift store. I would have saved it for myself but I didn’t want to have to worry about smoke or dog essence. However my sister is still knit worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment