Friday, April 27, 2012

One Month on Weight Watchers


So I joined Weight Watchers on March 30,2012.  I weighed in at 178. I know you will look at my picture and think you don’t look that bad but my body hides the fat in an even way so I don’t have a doughnut around my waist or bowling balls for a butt. 


 Since I have begun my weight watchers journey I have attended the meetings regularly.  I also have encouraged a hand full of my friends to come back to weight watchers with me.  I have to say it was my friend Maria who encouraged me to go back and she has helped me stay on track.  I also have been keeping up with my gym attendance.  Since October 2011 I have been going to the gym at least 3 times a week for an hour or hour and a half.  It is great that my friend Maria meets me at the gym at 4am.  Although we do not have to be joined at the hip it is nice that we both show up say hi and get to our own workout.  If we don’t see each other there one of us gets a text message saying “Where are you? I’m here”.  Which is good because sometimes we accidentally sleep in. 
 
So for my good news today I got my 5lb star sticker. 

 I am on my way to loosing my 5% which is 9lbs.  I have to say that losing those first 5lbs is great.  My fat jeans feel much looser already.  I say fat jeans because I swore I would not buy any jeans until I fit into my old sizes.  Well for work I have to play photographer sometimes so I got one pair to roll around in.  Also my asthma doesn’t bother me as much as it used to since I began running.  That is the main reason I needed to get back on track and be healthy.  As much as I would like to say I have body image issues because I am overweight thus the reason for losing weight but no I am to vain to think of myself as ugly.  Inside or out.  I am doing it for my health.  I hate not being able to breath.  I think if World War 3 were to happen tomorrow I would be dead within the month.  I would suffocate to death because I wouldn’t have access to medicine I need for my asthma.  I just pray that never happens and that I go quietly in my sleep.  So to celebrate my 5lb loss I might take a bike ride or head to the beach. 



3 comments:

  1. Hooray for your weight loss! Now just keep it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I think my mind has matured enough to keep me going on the healthy track. Do you like my new look of my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya this is good topic for weight and i have get some valuable information through your blogs thanks for sharing beautiful blogs thank....

    Reema Khan Walima Pictures

    ReplyDelete