Thursday, April 26, 2012

I am a knitter.

I am known as the queen bee of knitting amongst my friends.

I have to say I do dabble in the crochet arts when I feel like taking on a challenge. My friend put on a crocheting/knitting party back in 2008 and I have to say I did enjoy that gathering. I can remember I took some bread. Not just any bread but delicious friendship bread. I was cranking out bread like once a week and boy was it good. So I shared it with my friends, co-workers, and family. However I had to stop because it was beginning to control my life.

So going back to the party I chose to sit in with the crocheters. Yeah I know it was crazy of me but I wanted to do something to do than to sit and “learn” to knit. We were taught the One Skein Scarf. I have to say I really did enjoy making the scarf however I had limited yarn. I had to redo the scarf like 3 or 4 times to get it just right for my yarn. I think the last yarn party we had was in 2010 where we watched pride and prejudice. I however was ‘teaching’ so I didn’t get to indulge. So I think it is high time we have another yarn party.

No comments:

Post a Comment