Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I want FOOD!

So today I feel much better, although when I woke up I was super super hungry. I ate oatmeal for breakfast. I am pretty sure that is a good start of the day. I did not do my weight training session yesterday due to the fact that I was very hungry. I made sure I ate my snacks on time today. I also had a good lunch. I could have eaten more but I don’t want to gorge on food. I skipped my cardio workout for the day and don’t feel guilty. I don’t want to run the risk of passing out while exercising. Tomorrow I should be able to get going. Now that I am watching my eating habits a bit better I figured I would see what the amount of calories I should have so I checked out this website: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitness/multimedia.jsp?multimediaId=/templatedata/fitness/multimedia/data/1130272109023.xml

It says to maintain my current weight I should be eating 2634 calories. So instead of the whole cut 500 calories from my diet I decided to plug in the amount of calories I should be eating at my goal weight. It recommends that I eat 2334 calories a day (that is if I have a high activity level...which I choose to do). So I will have to check out my calories at the end of the day and see if I am eating enough.
You should take time and make sure you are eating the correct amount of calories too. I have read that if you don’t eat enough your body goes into starvation mode. Once you hit starvation mode your body will conserve as much energy as possible and start to get rid of muscle tissue. So in a sense your body is eating its self. Also once you do have a good meal you body will hold on to every ounce of it because it is afraid it won’t eat again (even though our mind knows it). So beware and EAT (the correct amount that is).

2 comments: